These banana-choc roll-ups are a fun snack perfect for your kids lunch boxes.
- 2 small (Bobby) bananas, cut in half
- 3 sheets of filo pastry
- Choc-hazelnut spread (or similar)
- Olive oil spray, olive oil, or butter
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C fan bake.
- Place one sheet of filo pastry on a flat surface and spray one half with olive oil spray, or brush with olive oil or butter.Fold filo pastry in half widthwise, with the olive oil side on the inside.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut into two square-shaped pieces, cutting off the top of each if necessary to make them as square as possible. Place half a banana into the centre of each filo square, with the banana ends pointing to the corners.
- Spread chocolate-hazelnut nut spread over top length of the banana.
- Fold one corner of filo over width of banana, then fold in two corners of filo over each end of banana and roll until you have a tight, cylinder-shaped parcel.
- Spray or brush with oil or butter.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Wait until cool to serve.
Tracie is a photographer with a passion for styling, shooting, and eating food. She lives in Raglan with her husband and two kids.