You will need:
- At least 4 plastic bottles (1.5L fizzy drink bottles or 2L milk bottles work well)
- Screws and a screwdriver (adult help required)
- Craft Knife
- Wooden outdoor fence
What to do:
- Using your craft knife, cut a rectangular section out of the side of each bottle, big enough to fit your hand through.
- Each bottle will need to then be attached to the fence so that water can flow from the top bottle into the rectangular hole in the following bottle, and then out the neck of the bottle to the next. The best way is to form a cascading zigzag, so each bottle needs to be angled accordingly.
- To attach the bottles, cut two small crosses on the side of each bottle. these will be for the screws to go through, otherwise, they will split the plastic.
- Using the screwdriver, attach each bottle to the wall. This is where it is important the hole in each bottle is hand-sized.
- Pour water into the top bottle, and if they are lined up correctly, you should enjoy the flow of water down your water wall.
- For a variation, you can add funnels and small sections of hoses to make the wall more complex.