If you’re looking for affordable accommodation in Queenstown, then you’ll want to check out the Manchester Unity Holiday Homes, and consider becoming a member.
Queenstown with views of the lake
Manchester Unity has two units in Queenstown as part of a two-story house overlooking the lake, just 10 minutes-walk downhill into town. One unit comfortably sleeps a family of six (or seven if you have a baby), and the second sleeps five. Both units are available to members for just $66 a night – and that’s not a typo!
We stayed in the top unit, and here are nine reasons why you should too:
- Firstly, it’s hard to believe that for a $2-a-week membership to Manchester Unity, you get to rent this for $66 per night for a one week stay. Is there a catch? No, just make sure to look after the place like it’s your own, and ensure it’s clean on departure.
- It’s possible to book both units if you want to have an extended family holiday or go away with friends.
- The view from our unit (upstairs) was stunning. So many windows, so much view to enjoy.
- It was spacious, warm and well set up for a family – heaps of blankets, electric blankets, duvets, pillows, a heat pump and two stand-alone heaters. You need to take your own linen (sheets) and towels, or it’s available to hire for $20 if you don’t want to lug it all with you.
- There are two queen-sized beds, two singles and a portacot.
- The kitchen is large, has a good variety of pots, appliances, cooking dishes, plates, cutlery and a dining table.
- Outside there is a deck, table, chairs and a lawn leading into a little track between trees up to the house behind.
- The living area is very spacious with seating for 10 people with entertainment (wifi, puzzles and books).
- Off-street parking available (steps up to the upper unit) for up to two cars per unit.
If you are interested in booking these, you can start your Manchester Unity Membership Free Trial for 30 days now!