Kids love learning to read, write and spell with Jolly Phonics.
Jolly Phonics is a synthetic phonics programme that teaches the letter sounds in a fun and multi-learning style that has proven to be fast and effective.
How Does Work?
- Learning the letter sounds. The 42 main letter sounds are taught. This includes the individual letter sounds, the vowel digraphs such as ai, ea, out, oi, etc.
- Learning letter formation. A relaxed pencil hold and easy efficient letter formation style has a significant influence on speed and motivation in completing written tasks. As teachers we have all come across the reluctant writers who experience handwriting fatigue.
- Blending. As soon as the letter sounds are known, children are taught how to blend them to read and write words. These early blending skills are the springboard for early independence.
- Identifying the sounds in words. Listening for sounds and their position in words gives children the best start for accurate spelling.
- Tricky words. These are the words with irregular spelling. It is essential for children to recognise them early on, as these words are among the most commonly used. The programme teaches these words directly and systematically so that children have a repertoire of these sight words.