See if you can get the kids to try asparagus by serving up this recipe, who knows they may love it!
- ½ cup farro, washed
- 200g LeaderBrand Asparagus
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt
- To garnish, microgreens or fresh herbs
Chilli & Chive Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and minced
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Trim the woody ends from the LeaderBrand Asparagus. Toss in olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and add farro. Cook for 20 minutes until tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl or glass jar whisk together the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and red chilli. While whisking, drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified. Set aside.
- Heat a grill or barbecue plate until hot. Place the LeaderBrand Asparagus spears on the hot plate and cook turning regularly for 6-8 minutes. The asparagus should be tender, but not so overcooked that it turns floppy and starts to break.
- Mix half of the chilli vinaigrette through the cooled farro. Spread on a serving platter and top with barbecued asparagus spears and garnish with a few microgreens. Drizzle over the remaining chilli vinaigrette to serve.
- Can be served warm or cold.