For something a little bit fancy, why not try this beetroot cocktail.
- 2 packs LeaderBrand Pure’n Ezy Baby Beets
- 1 lemon or lime, juice of
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup thick unsweetened Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp horseradish sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped dill leaves
- ½ LeaderBrand Classic Crispy Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
- ½ telegraph cucumber, sliced thinly
- ½ cup fresh coriander, parsley or dill leaves
To serve, lime or lemon wedges
Cut up the larger LeaderBrand Pure’n Ezy Baby Beets into wedges and keep the smaller ones whole. Drizzle over lemon or lime juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and season to taste with salt and finely ground white pepper. Cover, leave to marinate for 10 minutes in fridge. Drain and reserve the juice.
Mix together the Greek yoghurt, mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, Worcestershire sauce, second lot of lemon juice and chopped dill. Mix in the reserved juice from the beetroot. Season to taste.
Divide the shredded lettuce, marinated beetroot and cucumber ribbons between four serving glasses. Spoon over the yoghurt sauce. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve with lime or lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
Variations & tips:
For a Vegan starter – use coconut yogurt as an alternative to Greek yoghurt, and replace the mayonnaise with egg free mayonnaise or extra yoghurt. Leave out the Worcestershire sauce and substitute with chilli sauce.
Keep the LeaderBrand Pure’n Ezy Baby Beets in the fridge the night before making to keep as chilled as possible.