FUN EGG FACT – Egg shell and yolk colour will vary depending on the diet and breed of the hen. Colour variations have no effect on the quality, flavour, or nutritional value of the egg.
• 6 eggs
• 4 tbsp milk
• pinch of cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 6-8 slices of toast bread
Steps for making the perfect eggs and toast
- Mix 6 eggs and 4 tablespoons of milk in a bowl with a pinch of cinnamon. Mix well.
- Cut 6 to 8 thick toast slices of bread – these can then be cut into halves or triangles if you wish. Heat a little butter in a non-stick frypan over a medium heat.
- Dip bread one piece at a time into the egg mixture. Coat both sides well.
- Put coated bread into a fry pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- You should be able to cook 2–4 pieces at a time depending on the size of your pan.
- Repeat with remaining slices of bread (add a little more butter if needed between batches).
- Serve warm with any of the serving options listed below or your own creations.
SERVING IDEAS Yoghurt honey, maple syrup, blueberries, bananas, peaches, strawberries, bacon…