- 1/2 buttercup squash, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 large red onion, peeled, sliced thinly
- 4 fresh red chillies, sliced thinly, plus extra to serve
- 250g snow peas
- 4 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp Gourmet Garden Lemongrass
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- Crispy noodles, to serve
Heat the peanut oil in a large wok. Cook the onion until browned and starting to crisp. Remove and drain on an absorbent paper towel. Add the garlic, Gourmet Garden Lemongrass and chilli slices to the wok and cook until fragrant.
Add the squash and stock to the wok, and stir-fry until just tender, turning all the time. Cook for about 8-10 minutes. Add the snow peas, spring onions and the reserved cooked onion and cook for a further 5 minutes. Season to taste with the sugar, soy sauce and lemon juice. Toss carefully to combine and heat through until sauce thickens slightly.
Remove from heat. Toss basil and cashew nuts through the stir-fry until well combined. Accompany with crispy noodles and extra chilli.