DF // RSF // 2289 K J/548 CAL PER SERVE
- 600 g (1 lb 5 oz) boneless and skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed and quartered
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Korean chilli paste (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 x 250 g (9 oz) packets 90-second microwave basmati rice
- 8 baby bok choy (pak choy), halved lengthways
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 75 g (2. oz/. cup) kimchi
- In a bowl, combine the chicken with the honey, chilli paste, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and sesame oil.
- Place the chicken and marinade in a frying pan over medium heat and pan-fry, turning once, for 8–10 minutes until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, microwave the rice according to the packet instructions. Then microwave the bok choy in 3 tablespoons of water for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Arrange the rice on a platter and place the chicken on top, making sure you spoon on all the delicious sauce. Scatter over the sesame seeds and spring onion and serve the kimchi alongside.
*You can get Korean chilli paste (gochujang) at most Asian grocery stores. It’s really inexpensive and a little goes a long way.
Image and recipe from Super Green Super Easy by Sally Obermeder and Maha Corbett (Allen & Unwin, RRP $24.99) Photography by Rob Palmer.