Warm up on a cold winter’s evening with this gooey chocolate rice pudding, a treat the whole family will love.
- 1 cup SunRice Arborio Rice, cooked
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 cup Caster sugar
- 100 grams Dark Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Essence (or 1 vanilla pod split in half with seeds scraped out)
- 4 Eggs
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Place milk, sugar, chocolate and vanilla into a saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
3. Whisk eggs gently in a large bowl.
4. Add the chocolate mixture to the eggs gradually, whisking all the time.
5. Add cooked rice and stir to combine. Pour into a greased baking dish or individual ramekins.
6. Place dish/ramekins onto a large deep baking tray and place onto the rack of the oven.
7. Pour hot water into the baking tray til 3/4 of the way up the sides.
8. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the tip of a knife inserted comes out almost clean. The puddings should be slightly soft and wobbly in the centre.
9. Dust with icing sugar. Serve warm with ice cream or cream.