My twist on the classic rice bubble slice has melted chocolate and dried apricots added. Feel free to swap the apricots for dried cranberries or add your favourite dried fruits, nuts or seeds.
- 120g butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
190g milk chocolate
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 cups rice bubbles
- ¼ cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sprinkles (optional)
- Line a 20cm square slice tin with baking paper.
- Stir the butter and sugar in a large pot over a medium heat until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and break in the chocolate. Add the cocoa and stir until the chocolate has melted. Stir in the rice bubbles and apricots.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and press firmly out to the edges. Smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Scatter with the sprinkles (if using).
- Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight until set. Cut into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Images and text from Summer Favourites by Vanya Insull, photography by Melanie Jenkins (Flash Studios), published by Allen & Unwin, RRP$39.99.