A cool salad recipe for when its just too hot for anything else.
- 500g watermelon
- 1 pack baby kale
- 1 pack LeaderBrand Baby Spinach
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 handful mint, plus extra to serve
- 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, thinly sliced
- 200g haloumi, sliced
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Gourmet Garden minced garlic
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Fry sliced haloumi in a pan with the oil until golden on both sides.
To make the dressing, place the ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake until combined. Cut watermelon into chunks and remove any seeds.
Arrange spinach and kale leaves on a serving platter, top with haloumi, red onion, mint, cucumber, watermelon and the seeds from the pomegranate.
Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to combine. Garnish with extra mint. Serve immediately.