you will need:
- Orange juice or other preferred juice
- Two plastic resealable bags, one quite a bit bigger than the other
- Crushed ice
- 4 Tablespoons of salt
- Warm gloves to keep hands warm (if required)
- Pour the juice into the smaller resealable bag, remove all the air and then seal the bag.
- Put the bag of juice into the larger bag. There should be plenty of around the smaller bag.
- Fill the large bag with the ice, so that completely surrounds the juice bag.
- Sprinkle the salt onto the ice and then seal the bag.
- Put the gloves on if required, then get squishing! Move the ice around as much as possible but make sure not to burst the bags.
- After only 5 minutes, open the bags and you should have you very oven orange sorbet.
Why add the salt?
Adding the salt lowers the freezing point Of the ice making it melt quicker. Therefore more energy (from the melting ice) is absorbed by the environment (the sorbet), making the sorbet get colder more quickly.