you will need:
- 1 cup soap flakes
- 4 cups boiling water
- Food colouring or dye (optional)
- Large bowl and whisk
This wonderful sensory experience is fun for all ages; it is also easy to make and stores in a covered container for days.
- In your large bowl, mix the soap flakes and boiling water.
- Add the food colouring/dye if using.
- Whisk until the flakes have dissolved.
- Let stand for about one hour, stirring occasionally.
- When ready, the slime should have cooled down and thickened. It can then be poured onto a tray, ready to be played with.
• Practising letter recognition and writing can be made fun by placing the slime on a tray in a thin layer and writing letters (or numbers, shapes) in the slime.
• For a fun and silly afternoon activity, make several batches of slime, get dressed in your togs, lay a tarpaulin outside and pour the slime on top, then go sliding/slipping across the top. Then have fun hosing each other down afterwards.