A cheesy egg mixture nests inside a slice of bacon or ham, crisped just slightly at the edges, to create this delicious breakfast dish. A new single serve innovation on the Bacon and Egg pie! Bake these cups in the oven or heat in the microwave and ready in just a few minutes.
- 1 slice bacon or ham
- 1 small green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp shredded light Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) low fat plain yoghurt or sour cream
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 tsp fresh parsley – chopped (optional)
1) To make in microwave: Spray 300 mL microwave-safe ramekin or custard cup with cooking spray. Place bacon or ham slice in ramekin.
2) Sprinkle green onion and 1 tbsp cheese over top. Whisk eggs, yogurt and pepper in a small bowl until blended; pour into ramekin. Sprinkle remaining cheese and parsley, if desired, over top. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, turning it back slightly to vent.
3) Microwave on Medium-High (70% power) until cooked as desired, 2-1/2 to 3 minutes. Remove from microwave; let stand, covered, for 1 minute.
4) Remove plastic wrap carefully and serve.
5) To make in oven: Follow directions above, sprinkling only cheese over egg mixture before baking. Bake uncovered, in a preheated 200˚C oven until puffed, golden and cooked, approx 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle parsley on top to serve.