Take this popular, warm brunch dish of baked eggs and cous cous and add Kellogg’s Just Right for a delightful crunch on a classic favourite.
- 1 cup cous cous
- 1 cup veggie stock or water
- 1/2 cup tomato passata
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 2 tsp zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp carrot, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1tsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup Kellogg’s Just Right
- 2 large tomatos
- a dash of olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1 pinch smoke paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
How to do it
- Cut the tomatoes in half lengthways, and roast in an oven at 160 degrees for 20 minutes with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika, set aside to cool.
- Boil the stock or water and add the cous cous whilst stirring. Cook for one minute, remove from the heat and stir through the orange juice.
- Add all of the finely chopped vegetables and parsley to the cous cous, stir together and cover until ready to use.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of passata around the base and sides of a small oven proof dish.
- Mix the Kellogg’s Just Right through the cous cous mixture and spoon into the dish, leaving a small well in the centre.
- Crack eggs into the well, chop the roast tomatoes and place around the outside of the eggs.
- Place under a grill until the top is golden. If eggs require more cooking time, cover the dish with tin foil and place back under the grill for a few more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and harissa on the side for extra spice.
Recipe courtesy of Meg Hewitt developed specifically for the Kellogg’s X Kawa Cereal Cafe in Sydney.