Start with Kellogg’s Special K Original, and add leftover roasted butternut pumpkin, kale, coconut milk and slivered almonds for a hearty and delicious morning.
- 1 cup Kellogg’s Special K Cereal Original
- 1/2 cup cooked butternut pumpkin, cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
How to do it
- In a serving bowl toss together Kellogg’s Special K Cereal Original, pumpkin and kale.
- Pour coconut milk over the top. Sprinkle with coconut and almonds.
*Note: If your don’t have leftover pumpkin, cook 1/2 cup frozen butternut pumpkin cubes. Continue as directed above.
Almond variation: If desired, omit coconut and increase almonds to 2 tablespoons.
Substitute plain almond milk for the coconut milk.
Warm variation: for a warm breakfast, in a microwave-safe bowl combine the pumpkin, kale and coconut milk. Loosely cover. Microwave at high for 45 seconds to 1 minute or until just warm. Stir in cereal. Top with coconut and almonds.
Cool Tip: This breakfast can be served warm with heated butternut pumpkin, kale and coconut milk!