A quick and easy dinner that kids of all ages will love and the older ones may be able to whip up themselves.
- 1 head LeaderBrand broccoli
- 400g pasta, such as penne
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, peeled, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 150g mozzarella, grated
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Trim the broccoli and cut into florets. Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted
water for 10-12 minutes. Drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a wok or large pan, add the chicken strips, onion and garlic and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until the meat is well browned and cooked through. Add the broccoli florets and toss until just starting to turn tender.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Melt butter in a heated saucepan. Add the flour and mix to a paste. Add the milk to the pan and whisk over a medium heat until thickened and smooth. Stir in the mustard and about half of the cheese and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add the chicken and vegetables, with the sauce, to the drained pasta and mix together. Spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the ground almonds, remaining cheese and chopped parsley. Sprinkle over the pasta and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling.