This kumara and beetroot bake is ridiculously easy to make and the kids will go crazy for it – especially in this cold weather.
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs, made from stale bread
- 60g butter, melted
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roasted, roughly chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, drained, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp chopped sage leaves, plus 6 whole leaves
- 1 small (300g) kumara, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pack LeaderBrand Pure’n Ezy Baby Beets, halved
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed, peeled
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine breadcrumbs, butter, walnuts, anchovies, garlic, and sage, in a medium bowl.
- Combine kumara and leek in a baking dish. Drizzle half the oil over the top, tossing to coat. Season to taste.
- Combine beetroot and remaining oil in another bowl. Season to taste.
- Arrange in baking dish with kumara. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add carrots to the dish and bake a further 5-10 minutes until vegetables are almost tender.
- Increase oven to very hot, 220°C. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture and extra sage leaves over the vegetables. Bake 5-8 minutes until breadcrumbs are golden and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve garnished with extra sage leaves.