This gluten-free salad is a fantastic dish to enjoy any time of the day. With kale, spinach and broccoli and delicious crunch from green apples and Kellogg’s Gluten Free Special K, this salad is a must try! Recipe courtesy of Meg Hewitt developed specially for the Kellogg’s X Kawa Cereal Café in Sydney.
- 1 handful: curly kale
- 1 handful: baby spinach
- a couple: broccoli florets
- ½: green apple, julienned
- juice of ½: lemon
- 1 teaspoon: olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1: egg
- 1: sliced, ripe avocado
- 1 handful: buckwheat seeds (for sprinkling)
- 1 handful: Kellogg’s® Special K® Gluten Free
1. Finely chop the Kale, Spinach & Broccoli (including stems).
2. Toss in a bowl with the sliced apple & lemon juice.
3. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper then scatter through a handful of Kellogg’s® Special K® Gluten Free.
4. Serve topped with a perfectly poached egg, slices of ripe avocado and a sprinkle of buckwheat seeds.