Now this is a seriously decadent treat! These chocolate afghans can be made using Kellogg’s Gluten Free Corn Flakes and are a crumbly delicious snack. Recipe courtesy of Meg Hewitt developed specially for the Kellogg’s X Kawa Cereal Café in Sydney.
- 200 grams: butter
- 75 grams: sugar
- 175 grams: gluten free plain flour
- ¼ cup: raisins
- 1 dessert spoon: golden syrup
- 25 grams: cocoa powder
- 50 grams: Kellogg’s® Corn Flakes Gluten Free
- ¼ block: dark cooking chocolate
- 100 millilitre: cream
- 250 grams: soft icing mixture
- 1 handful: walnuts to decorate the top
1. Soften butter, add sugar and beat until creamy.
2. Mix in the flour and cocoa and fold in Corn Flakes® and raisins.
3. Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto a greased oven tray and bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
4. Remove the afghans from oven and leave to cool before icing.
5. For the icing, heat the chocolate and cream over a low heat, stirring constantly until combined. Remove from the heat and whisk in icing sugar to achieve a thick, shiny and smooth consistency.
6. Smooth a spoonful of icing on to each afghan, and garnish with a whole walnut.