- 400-500g beef mince
- 1 onion, very finely chopped or grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup dry white breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan
- 1-2 Tbsp oil
- 4 burger buns, split and grilled
- 2 Tbsp Anathoth Farm BBQ Burger Relish
- mixed with ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 cos lettuce leaves, shredded
- 8 slices cooked beetroot
- 8 slices tomato
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 4 Tbsp Anathoth Farm BBQ Burger Relish
Place all ingredients, except oil in a large bowl and mix. Using wet hands divide meat mixture into 4 and press into patties. Make horizontal slit in side of each patty and spoon in 1 tablespoon of BBQ Burger Relish and press down to enclose. Preheat BBQ plate or large frying pan over medium heat. Rub patties with oil. Cook for 5 minutes on each side. Or, brown both sides in a frying pan then place in oven (190°C) for 10 minutes.
Spread burger bun bases with half of the mayonnaise and top with shredded lettuce, meat patty, beetroot, tomato, avocado slices and a little red onion. Top with BBQ Burger Relish. Spread remaining mayonnaise on the cut side of bun tops. Use a skewer to hold together if necessary.
Makes 4 Burgers.