- 175g butter, softened
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup lemon curd
- 2 cups self-raising ﬂ our, sifted
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup cream, sweetened and whipped.
1. Place the oven rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat the oven to 190ºC. Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper cases.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and ﬂuffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the lemon curd. Fold in the ﬂour alternately with the milk.
3. Divide the mixture evenly among the paper cases.
4. Bake for 20–25 minutes until well risen and golden.
5. Transfer to a cake rack to cool.
6. Cut a small disc from the centre of each cupcake and cut the disc in half. Fill the cavity with whipped cream and place the two halves of the disc on top to resemble butterﬂy wings. Decorate with tiny dollops of lemon curd.
Makes 12 cupcakes
Reproduced with permission from Sweet Treats to Share. Published by Penguin Group NZ. RRP $45.00. Copyright recipe ©Allyson Gofton, 2014. Copyright photography ©Alan Gillard, 2014. Available nationwide.