This recipe is so easy it is truly magic. The antibacterial and soothing properties of Taylor Pass Manuka Honey and fresh thyme leaves are a wicked combo for any scratchy throat. And most importantly, it is so yummy — floral & sweet and an all around favourite with the kids (especially when honey and lemon can be too sour for some young taste buds).
- Add 3-4 cups of water in a saucepan with a generous bunch of fresh thyme (~60-80g).
- Boil for 5+ minutes to infuse the thyme.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool slightly to a drinking temperature (this protects the magic active properties in the honey).
- Stir in 2 big tablespoons of a high UMF Taylor Pass Manuka Honey
- Strain and serve.
Enjoy it hot or chill in the fridge for a refreshing drink. Suitable for kids aged 1 and over.
Why is Unique Manuka Factor (UMF) important?
- The higher the UMF, the higher the active levels of our magical native Manuka
- Manuka is the key ingredient which delivers antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits
- Manuka has traditionally been used for wound healing, sore throats, prevention of tooth decay and even improving digestive issues
- UMF is an independent accreditation which authenticates that this is genuine, quality manuka from New Zealand. This is different to MGO, so read your label.