- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- pinch of sea salt flakes
- 500g lean chicken mince
- 1x 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup (60g) chipotle chillies in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 12 small flour tortillas, lightly toasted
- store-bought tomato salsa and coriander leaves, to serve (optional)
1. Place the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the onion and salt and cook, stirring with a spatula for 3–5 minutes, until the onion is soft and transparent.
2. Add the chicken mince and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is browned and cooked through, breaking up any lumps with your spatula as you cook. Add the black beans, chipotle chillies and paprika and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Divide the chicken mixture between the tortillas. Top with the tomato salsa and coriander, then roll up to enclose the filling. Time to dig in!
This yummy recipe is extracted from Basics to Brilliance Kids by Donna Hay. ($49.99, HarperCollins NZ)