Sultana Bran ‘Break-Shake’ (with Sultana Bran ‘Joy’s and Sultana Bran Bliss Balls!)
SULTANA BRAN ‘BREAK-SHAKE’ (Makes 2)
- 1 cup Kellogg’s Sultana Bran
- 125g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 bananas
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup water
- extra Greek yoghurt and Kellogg’s Sultana Bran to create collar around glasses
1) Create yoghurt / Sultana Bran collar on smoothie glasses by rolling the rim of each glass into the yoghurt (as shown in the pictures.) Sprinkle Sultana Bran on top of yoghurt and place in fridge / freezer for 3 minutes to set.
2) Place all remaining ingredients in a blender and blitz until mixture is as smooth as possible.
3) Distribute smoothie into 2 glasses evenly.
4) Serve with SB ‘joys’ and SB ‘Bliss balls’ (recipes below) as suggested in pictures.
SULTANA BRAN ‘JOYS’ (Makes 12)
- 2 cups Kellogg’s Sultana Bran
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 45g unsalted butter
1) Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
2) Combine butter with honey in a pan over a low heat until mixture starts to bubble.
3) Take mixture off heat and pour over Sultana Bran. Mix well and divide evenly into 12 cupcake cases. Alternatively, you can make larger / free form ‘joys’ by using more mixture. You will end up with approximately 6 joys.
4) Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool / set on bench for at least an hour.
5) Serve alongside smoothie as suggested in pictures or alone as a snack. Store in Tupperware in fridge for up to a week.
SULTANA BRAN BLISS BALLS (Makes 20)
- 1 ½ cups Kellogg’s Sultana Bran
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sweet cocoa
- 1/3 cup desiccated / shredded coconut
- extra cocoa / coconut / chopped peanuts for rolling
1) Place all ingredients into a food processor and blitz until mixture comes together. Depending on the type of food processor you have, you might want to do this in two batches.
2) Form balls by taking a tablespoon of mixture and rolling in the palms of your hands. Once each ball is created place on baking paper lined tray.
3) After all balls have been made, roll each ball in the coating of your choice; cocoa, desiccated coconut and crushed peanuts all work well.