These Christmas Tree Brownies are SO EASY and don’t they look amazing?! Just cut the brownies into triangles, add a candy cane trunk, squeeze on some icing, and sprinkle on your favourite toppings! Seal them in an air tight container, and the icing will harden overnight. They travel well and make a great treat for a Christmas party!
- 1 tub white vanilla icing (or make your own)
- green food colouring
- small round sprinkles
- small star sprinkles
- candy canes
how to make christmas tree brownies
- Line an 8″x8″ baking pan with aluminium foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the package directions and bake as directed.
- Allow brownies to completely cool, approximately 1.5 hours.
- Remove the brownies from the pan, and cut into triangles. (Cut in three rows, then cut in alternating diagonals, as in the photo shown above).
- Unwrap the candy canes, and use a sharp knife to gently cut/break the candy canes into 1.5″ long pieces.
- Press the sharper end of the candy cane into the bottom of the brownie triangles.
- Spoon out approximately ½ of the tub of icing into a bowl.
- Add green food colouring until you’re happy with the colour.
- Spoon the green icing into a zip lock bag.
- Seal the bag and cut off a small corner of the bag with sharp scissors.
- Starting at the top of the brownie triangles, gently squeeze out the icing in a curvy zigzag as you go down the tree.
- Add your favourite sprinkles and a small star sprinkle at the top.
Recipe via One Little Project.
More Christmas baking ideas from tots to teens: