Don’t forget the obligatory first-day-of-school photo this year! Here’s a cute way to display it (or to display multiple photos if you have more than one child).
- 5 yellow popsicle sticks (about 11cm long)
- 3 yellow jumbo popsicle sticks (about 15 cm long)
- Black felt (cut into 2 circles about 3.5cm in diameter)
- White paper (cut into 2 circles about 1cm in diameter)
- Plastic gemstones (the colour and size of your choosing)
- Photos (from your first day at school or school photos cut down to 3x3cm)
- Hot glue gun
Tip: If you can’t find coloured popsicle sticks, you can paint some standard ones using yellow paint.
- On a flat surface, lay down one of the small popsicle sticks, then glue the four other small popsicle sticks vertically onto it, spacing them 2.5cm apart. You may need to cut the four popsicle sticks down by about 3cm – ask an adult to help with this.
- Glue down the first of the jumbo popsicle sticks across the 4 vertical popsicle sticks leaving a 2.5cm gap for the “windows”. Then glue the second one about 1cm down from that, and the last one on top of the first two.
- Cut two circles, each 3.5cm in diameter, from the black felt, and two circles, each1cm in diameter, from the white paper. Glue on to the bus for wheels.
- Glue some gemstones on to the front and back of the bus to represent headlights and taillights.
- Once the bus is dry, turn it over and glue on your photos. You may want to attach a magnet to the back so you can display it on the fridge!