These DIY cement sandcastles are a great and different idea to do with the kids. Not only are they perfect for imaginative play but your sandcastles can be used in sandpits and outdoor play, or as a decoration in bedrooms or even the garden! Here is how to get started.
What you need:
- Cement (quick drying is recommended)
- Disposable container
- Disposable spoon
- Sandcastle molds
- Cooking spray
- Spray the inside of the sandcastle molds with cooking spray, making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies.
- In the disposable container, mix up your cement according to the directions on the packet. (Quick-drying cement is recommended but any type can be used.)
- Pour your cement into the sandcastle molds and let them sit until dry. You may need some help keeping the molds upright and level, you can use household objects to prop them up.
- Once your cement has dried, gently pull the mold sides away from the cement and turn upright. They should slide out with ease.
- Your new cement sandcastle might be hot, that is totally normal. Leave to sit and cool, and then they are ready for play!
Note: For added fun, you could paint the cement sandcastles.
By Makayla Vercoe
More craft ideas from tots to teens: