- 400g frozen broad beans (fava beans)(around 3 cups)
- 4 tablespoons lime juice(around 2 limes)
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro)roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup cashew butter or ½ cupcashew nuts
- 1 clove garlic
1. Defrost the broad beans by soaking in hot water for 2 minutes. Drain.
2. Place all ingredients into a blender.Blend for around 2 minutes or until creamy. You will need to blend for longer than you think as the skins are quite tough.
3. Put in a bowl with a garnish of extra coriander. Serve with your favourite dipping accompaniments.
EXTRACTED WITH PERMISSION FROM THE REVIVE CAFÉ COOKBOOK 8 BY JEREMY DIXON (REVIVE CONCEPTS LIMITED, RRP $35).