- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch(optional)
- Oil for frying (optional)
1. Put all ingredients (except oil) in blender and blend for 30 seconds. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to hydrate the lentils.Blend again until you have a smooth mixture. If there are still pieces of lentil, wait another 5 minutes and blend again.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat and put a little oil in it. Spoon ¼ cup of the mixture at a time and cook for2 minutes each side. If you have a good non-stick frying pan you can even cook these without oil!
3. This flatbread is best served immediately, as they will dry out as they sit. The optional tapioca starch makes the flatbread more pliable and less susceptible to cracking when folding.
EXTRACTED WITH PERMISSION FROM THE REVIVE CAFÉ COOKBOOK 8 BY JEREMY DIXON (REVIVE CONCEPTS LIMITED, RRP $35).